Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Vintage Knit Patterns for Babies

Today I thought it would be nice to share a couple of knitting patterns from my vintage pattern book collection.  This first pattern is from a small book publish in London during World War II.  The book is full of practical, economical, yet adorable patterns for children.  This little "bed" jacket would make a lovely sweater for your favorite little girl:



The directions start here:


And the second page:



In another vintage pattern book, I found this lovely little dress.  This pattern book is also from the war era but was published in Australia.  It is also full of beautiful layette patterns.



First page of the pattern:



And the second page:



I am having so much fun going through my vintage pattern book collection and am finding all kinds of treasures!  Stay tuned, my goal is to share more free patterns, check in often to see what else I've discovered to share!

Happy stitching!

1 comment: